I have an idea. We should have NaNoWriMo Greeting cards. It is a time that is celebrated by everyone around the world, male and female, all religions and cultures, writers and non-writers alike can get in on the action. My NaNoWriMo experience is not going as well as I hoped. I am sure there are others in my boat. Instead of writing, I am making rice pudding and thinking about sending a sympathy card to my fellow procrastinators.
“I am sorry to hear you are a blockhead… or is that you have a block in your head, anyway, Happy NaNoWriMo month.”
“I am sorry your brain is muddled. My wish for you is clear thinking in the weeks ahead. Happy Nano month to you”
Maybe a little encouragement could go like this:.
“Fellow failing NaNo-maniacs, I just want to urge you to take the keyboard by the quotation marks and shake it up a little, I know you will be back on track in no time.”
A family can send an e-card to another family member:
“We are sorry to hear you are in isolation for the rest of this month. We miss you and hope we don’t catch your fever. We will be waiting for you when you are allowed out on December 1st.”
“Happy Nano month to us, we get to watch all our favorite shows and stay up late now that mom is so busy on the computer “
How about a “Get Well” card for someone who you know is feeling the effects of intense writing.:
“Sorry to hear that your hand is cramping up. Hope your Nano experience is a happy one.”
“Don’t expect me to massage your back, your pain is self-inflicted.”
How about a “Happy NaNoWriMo” card that says:
“Happy NaNo My friend, I can’t wait until your novel is finished and we can go for a beer.”
“Go buddy go. I am rooting for you. I can’t wait until your novel is published. Please don’t spoil the surprise by making me read it before it is in the stores.”
Will I accomplish my 50,000 words… only time will tell….
- A NaNoWriMo Observation (ifacethesun.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo and Technical Issues (bookheaven.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo day 4, so far so good (randomsays.com)
- This seems appropriate for those of us doing NaNoWriMo (eoghann.com)
- NaNoWriMo: Day 1 (sociallyacceptedmadness.wordpress.com)
- Happy NaNoWriMo Writing! (jessfuentes.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo – But Not Only | November 2011, Day 5 (enermazing.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo 2011 (youngandwriterly.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo: Day 4 Update (laith.wordpress.com)