I have a recurring dream. I do not remember my dreams every night or even every week. In fact I rarely remember a dream. Yet there is one dream that haunts me from time to time. It is a dark and stormy night. (cliché, I know) I am driving along a lonely road in the country. It is windy and raining, lightning and thunder split the night. A tree falls across the road, crushing the back of my car. I manage to open the door and get out and find myself frightened and alone. I am soaking wet with nowhere to go. The storm gathers strength. I start to wander along the road. I am in a strange place, nothing is familiar. I see a light on in a house in the distance so I make my way along the road and up the drive way. I must be injured because I have to crawl, actually drag myself forward. It takes a long time and I am filthy, cold and scared. I manage to get to the steps of the porch but no further. I cannot drag myself up the stairs. I have no strength to call out for help. I feel as if all hope is gone. This is when I wake up.
I have had this dream for many years now, not often but still it is worrisome.
What do you think it means? Is there something I need to do? Is there an issue I need to resolve?
- Yikes (nilaewhite.wordpress.com)
- Describe a dream that you have had more than once. (laurieanichols.wordpress.com)
- Describe a dream you’ve had more than once (iamnotastoryteller.wordpress.com)
- Ignoring WordPress’s suggested topic for post a day (unknowncystic.wordpress.com)
- Are My Depression Medications Causing My Bad Dreams? (everydayhealth.com)